New Sets!

March 11, 2018

So last Thursday I decided to make a quick visit to Fort Lauderdale to explore some other potential sets. I found a lot of cool coffee shops online but two in particular REALL stood out to me and those were Warsaw Coffee Company and Undergrounds Coffeehaus. Here are pictures of both :

WCC: 
I really loved this space because I think it would give my production a really cool vibe. The atmosphere is very clean and modern, which adds to the technological aspect of my film. I also think I can do a lot of things with symmetry in this space, which would be huge advantage. They also have a variety of seating options that aren't fully shown here but were available when i visited, which range from bar stools, normal tables, and funky sofas. It also doesn't tend to be too crowded so I think it'll be easier to film at and it will create a calm ambiance.



























UCH:
This choice I very different than the image I had in mind, but what I love about this coffee house is that it would give my piece a lot of personality. The entire place is funky and warm and would make the production more playful and quirky. I also think I could do a lot of cool things with lighting here, since the place seems to have warm tones but a lot of windows (that have adjustable curtains). The entrance of this place would also be awesome to film, since it's a staircase leading into the fun little  environment. There is no design pattern in this space, so I would focus more on symmetry with camera composition rather than actual elements from the set. This place is more experimental but I loved it when I visited. 


















I went into both and actually found that I could do a lot with both sets, but unfortunately neither of their managers were there so I could speak to them. I did however get in contact with them through email, and I’m hoping they get back to me soon with good news.

If worst comes to worst, I’m thinking about creating my own set. It’ll give me a lot more creative freedom and time to film, but it might be much harder to accomplish. I’d have to create a whole set from scratch, but I think that using tight shots similar to Wes Anderson’s would really help me be successful. If I work “small” with the camera I won’t have to worry so much about the set.

x Maria

P.S- i could still check these out if anything:
In ft lauderdale:
-the grind coffee project
-switchbox coffee

In wynwood/miami:
-dr shmood


You Might Also Like

0 comments