Social media

April 12, 2018

This week I basically completed all the social media that I'm linking onto my production's website. I think social media is such an important aspect of marketing, and it is a component that can my film a ton of exposure....and for free! 

I decided that I would stick to three main social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. My main target audience for this film is both males and females between the ages of 14-30 (a decently younger audience). Although I feel like a more mature audience could enjoy my piece as well, I think the 'love story' aspect of the film is much more inclined towards a younger group. That's why I decided to stick with these social media platforms, because the demographics for them tend to be younger. 


For example, college students (or those between 19-29) use these platforms the most:

- Facebook (87%)
- Twitter (47%)
- Instagram (45%)
These three are the apps that are used the most, which is why I think it would be best if I used these to really market my film.

Instagram

I started with an Instagram account, and since Instagram tends to be more about pictures and overall "aesthetic", I decided I would use the grid format to my advantage. I also put the film's website in the Instagram bio, which would allow for the viewer to have access to both the website and other social media platforms. Instagram also has a new feature where you can sort of "brand" your profile, depending on who you are/what you're promoting. I put the Indefinite account under a "movie" category, which could connect with people inclined towards that category with Instagram's new post sponsorships. By clicking "promote" on the page, Instagram guides you in various ways to get your content on other people's feeds. Instagram also has an 'explore' page that could connect more people to the movie by having some of the posts on it. 



This is a screenshot of the profile, but you can check it out directly here: https://www.instagram.com/indefinitemovie/?hl=en

Twitter

I also decided that I would keep the twitter page very simplistic, but definitely taking advantage of different tweeting options to interact with the audience more effectively. Indefinite tweeted using polls and gifs, two very popular features that tend to gain more attention than just a simple text tweet. I also included the website for the film on the profile, further promoting convergence.




This is a screenshot of the profile, but you can check it out directly here: https://twitter.com/Indefinitemovie?lang=en

Facebook

I'm fairly new to facebook so I don't exactly know how to work the page feature well. However facebook offers a lot of different promotion options for their pages, so it could be a really great marketing tool to reach a really broad audience.

You can check out the facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/indefinitemovie/

All of these social media platforms will be linked to the website and vice versa!! These are all going to help me get a lot of exposure with my film.

X Maria



You Might Also Like

0 comments